They are usually done by knowledgeable or very experienced employees to
- young graduates, whose universities are not well known
- engineers who are coming from other countries and they have different way or working techniques
- engineers who are trying to do a big career step or change
How to prepare for a technical assessment
The assessment might be done with one of the two following ways
- Assessment on CV skills: in that case you have to review all skills mentioned at your CV and to be able to back them up during the interview. Review old projects and study notes.
- Assessment based on a generic assignment that will be part of your future job: you have to carefully review the tasks and responsibilities which are written at the job description and based on those to get prepared accordingly. For example, if you have to do C# coding then you might get asked to design a simple program (depends on the job experience level) and if you have to design electronic systems for a specific industry then you might get asked to design something based on given requirements.